Sunday, September 9, 2012

Episode 211 - Fur and Metal

Episode 211: Fur and Metal

Clearly upon landing on a hostile, unknown, alien world, the best thing to do is to run around with a heavily armed force, picking fights with opponents who’s capabilities are not understood while taking contracts from people you don’t know

When writing Alternate Universe fanfic, there comes a point where you're so Alternate Universe that you might as well be writing something entirely original and be done with it. This fic doesn't so much pass that point as it leaps straight over it and keeps on going. A Furry Alternate Universe Battletech/Alternate Universe Zoids crossover (And you thought you'd never see anyone type that), this fic manages to catapult from dumb to dumber with each block of unnecessary exposition, and boy are there a lot of those go go around. It's blatantly unfinished, and yet it's still far too long for this MSTer!

Riffers: Rebecca Bartley, Natasha Isavia, Matt Simmons and Rick R. Mortis
Written by: Rick R

2 comments:

  1. If ever there was a "high concept" story, this was one: it overpowered my previous "but I don't know anything about Zoids" objections (although I suppose I know a reasonable amount by now about Battletech, including the faintly disturbing thought there was an actual "funny animals" parody of the game) and drew me in. With that said, there wasn't very much to the story beyond the concept, and whatever actual action there was is already escaping me.

    I suppose thoughts of "the Geek Hierarchy" did come to mind, along with thinking of how nineteen of the twenty Clans were named after animals. Still, as was said, there's coming up with a strange idea and then there's actually bothering to do something with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The funny thing is, I'd completely forgotten about Critter-TEK when I wrote the MSTing. Now that I think about it, I feel forehad-slappingly silly for not including a reference to it.

      Delete